Saturday 29 October 2011

Just like Mama used to make...

I was taught never to waste your food so I made soup from that wonderful chicken we had last week. At those prices you bet I got my monies worth.  Don't get me wrong, it was well worth it but it is sure expensive to eat healthy, but that is a whole other topic.  Back to the soup, or stoup (soup+stew) as it turned out.  The weather was crappy and in need of some comfort food, I decided to make dumplings to go with the stoup "just like Mama used to make", so I called my Mom from Food Basics . We decided that it would be best to use Bisquick for my virgin voyage into dumplingdom.  My Mom knows everything.  But what if you don't have a Mom to call or even the time or desire to "google it"? That is how Go Ask Gabi was born.  I may not have all the answers but I can always call my Mom.
G

P.s.  the dumplings turned out fabulous...Thanks Mom!

No comments:

Post a Comment