Saturday 29 October 2011

Ahh Belize...

This morning I decided to make myself a coffee here at home with my handy dandy mini Bodum coffee press.  The Egg & Fixit Man prefers coffee from Tim's but he had to work today so I am trying to perfect  my Boduming. I learned that when using a Bodum coffee press, it is important to let the boiling water sit for a minute before pouring it over the coffee so as not to burn the coffee.  It is also important to use fresh coffee beans which I don't have.  So I used what I had, a blend of Maxwell house and what was left of the coffee we brought back from Belize .  Ahh Belize...what a wonderful place.  We went their on our honeymoon last summer.  The Mayans and  Garifuna people were so welcoming we felt at home as soon as we landed. Our stay at Jaguar Reef Lodge was amazing.  Just looking at their website makes me feel strangely homesick. Belize is a definite place to go if you want to stray off the beaten path.  I would go again in a pinch if their weren't so many other places to see in this world.
G
p.s.   My coffee turned out okay -  still a work in progress - must get fresh beans...

No comments:

Post a Comment